Lockdown with junior

One good thing out of this lockdown is the amount of time I get to spend with Junior. Luckily for us his aunt also got tied in our place when the lockdown was enforced. All of a sudden he has 2 more people to share his house with during day time has made him super excited. I could see in practice that when we talk more to the kids they pick up more words and sentences and as compared to how he used to communicate, his vocabulary has improved. Logically with more people to interact he gets into different conversation topics as well and that helps. Other than that, he is getting extremely naughty and at times it is scary to even think how he is going to adapt to school when things go back to what they were before. From directing us to speak our designated dialogues to casting us on different characters in his -plays, he is inventing newer games to play. Never did I realize that “Hide-and-seek” is a possible game in our 2 bhk house. I always think on straight lines and with junior, from dot to fractals everything is possible. He simply redefined the rules of the game and we all get to enjoy along with him. Even my mom participates in his version of this game!!! Never imagined the amount of fun one can have with just a simple balloon to tap around. With junior I literally had to rethink how things can be made more simple and how simple things can be used to derive maximum joy. All the while I was thinking puzzles and word games and number games to keep him occupied. All he needs was a color pen and all the walls have “murals” at his height level. I have already kissed the advance amount good bye unless I repaint the house. But it is worth every penny of it. He is fond of imitating me and proudly tells me whenever he wears a striped tee shirt that he is wearing a dress like me. Even while sleeping he would curl up in a way like I do and would tell everyone that he sleeps like me. To him doing things that I can do is like happy tasks. Having already byhearted every single species of dinosaur we are in search of newer animals to learn. Do suggest 😊

Comments

Ramesh said…
This post was very expected - was wondering how you were managing the young man. Very nice that he has taken to everybody being at home and having fun in the process. Not all kids are as understanding. Some families are ready to tear their hair off as the youngsters are creating havoc behind closed doors.

The young man has wonderful imagination. Nice that you let him go with it. The traditional Indian way is to give a child with good imagination a whack and tell him to be "samaththu"

Next post, complete with photos - Gils sweeping the house. Gils doing pocha. Gils doing the utensils. Gils cutting veggies. See that dust in that corner ? Even the useless maid swept better :):):)
Savitha said…
My comment kaaka thhokitu poiruchi
gils said…
!! Kaanumay...

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Dasavatharam

Pirivom Santhippom