Just junior things

If at all I’ve to pick a brand to represent Junior, it would be “Converse”. He is my converse version in many aspects, at least at the moment and I’ve no complaints as a parent. But it tickles me at time wondering who is the kid at home. I am a big fan of chocolates and as a kid if at all I had to wish for something it would have been a chocolate tree, having ice cream for fruits, with all but 32 of my teeth being sweet. When I offered him a Dairy milk, he flatly refused and said, chocolates are junk food and lead to cavity!!! While one of my hand was offering him a piece, the other was halfway down my throat with a big chunk. I paused for a second to weigh my options, whether to set a good example by avoiding chocolate. That I decided to sacrifice the sanctity of my gums for my kid and took his share as well should fetch me some square fee on the hall of fame for parenting is a different story. He watches YouTube videos on healthy food and the impact of having junk food like chocolates and other fast foods. Even otherwise, his dietary options are limited to only curd rice or dal, he talks and thinks as if he is a big time dietician. 

Another aspect being, I love watching cartoons while junior is big time into bajan songs. He will start his day by watching Ganesha songs and one drama series on Ganesha. I’ve slowly started converting him into watching Pink Panther and other cartoons. But still his heart lies where its true!! Those who hear the songs from outside may think of our family as one bajanai mandali all courtesy junior. He would wear mock jewels like Ganapathi and would dance for the songs as he pleases. Of all my years in this planet, I couldn’t recollect a single instance of me talking to someone to initiate a conversation, unless for any need or purpose. Junior is all American in this aspect. He would say Hi to everyone whom he meets and would start conversing with them in no time. There is one musudu uncle from next block, who has his evening walk on terrace at about the same time when junior goes to water the plants along with his mom. That musudu uncle is a known terror in the apartment and seldom has anyone seen him speak, normally at least. First day when junior called him “Hi Thaatha” he hardly passed a glance at him and that was sufficient for me to banish him out of my life. The next day, Junior again called him and said “hi” and this time that uncle not just waved back but also started talking with him!! They spoke for ten minutes and junior cut the conversation saying he was getting late for playing with me and waved bye to him. Surprise of all surprise that uncle smiled and waved bye!!! For what it’s worth I couldn’t make small talk to save my life. At least in this one aspect I am absolutely glad junior has not taken on me and hope he continues in same vein.

Comments

Ramesh said…
Upto a point, yes. But it would be a great disappointment if Junior doesn't grow in to a Blog Mannan, ace movie reviewer, Mokkai Thilagam, etc etc etc.

Seriously, the power of a child to turn even the most grumpy person into a likeable guy is truly a magical quality. Who can resist a smaile at the antics of a child.
gils said…
Thala.. Looks like He might well be the person who gives content for those reviews!! At times AVM drama troupe lenthu escape aana baby pola avlo acting!! 😀
G3 said…
Sema.. Looks like ur kid is angel version and mine is araathu version.. Madam 1st floor balcony la ninnikuttae roadla poravangala kooptu enga pora en porannu kelvi kekkura :-(

Rendu junioraiyum meet panna vitta sema show va irukkum pola namakku :-)
gils said…
Mmkum... But semma idea.. Rendum serthu vachu paakaa semma comedya irukum

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Dasavatharam

Pirivom Santhippom