Friendship day

It is a proven sign of ageing that, you no longer feel the need to share any funky forwards on special days and neither does people in your circuit. But for those aarva kolaar’s, who still share the mandatory forward to groups, a message that would’ve been shared across the planet a couple of more times, when hardly any one bothers to take the trouble, it is evident that the circle of acquaintances have aged as well. Beyond everything, when you don’t even bother to download and read those messages, but simply delete or ignore them, you’ve attained the state of “forwards” nirvana. I’ve always been a borderline case when it comes to groups. Somehow, I would never be fully in nor fully out. Never had someone for whom I can be counted as 3 AM friend. And those who really know me, will never call me at that time. An Egyptian mummy, getting resurrected, has a better chance of picking the call!!! So the following conversation actually came as a surprise, when it did happen around the time mentioned.
Unable to fall asleep, I was reading a novel on my phone.
“Ennapa pannitruka”
Was taken aback to hear Junior’s voice.
“Nee ennapa pannitruka..go to sleep. Night aaiduchu paaru..kaathala school poganum”
“Nanum phona paakren”
“Ungamma paatha rendu periyum kondruva..naanum paakla..let’s sleep”
I switched off the phone and he cuddled close to me.
“Pa..”
“mmm”
“Neeyum naanum friends”
“Friends!! Yaar sonna intha word”
“School la pa”
He was already half asleep and just hugged me and slept.
I slept too, with a smile on my face J

Comments

mahesh said…
Will Junior turn into a kutty Joey or a kutty Chandler or that dinosaur aaraychiaalar :) ??

Good to read these posts VSR.

Regards,
Mahesh
Ramesh said…
Priceless. Of such wonderful moments, that will be remembered forever, is fatherhood made of.

Wishing many more such moments.
Vincy said…
OH my God!! What a lovely gift for you from your junior and that too on friendship day. I turned all mushy reading post.
Wishing many many more wonderful moments such as these between the father and son :-) :-)
Tell your junior I am in love with him :-) :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Dasavatharam

Pirivom Santhippom