Just junior things and mine as well this time

The biggest plus of working from home, with a kid just starting his school life, is that I (am forced to) get to experience the same alongside him. For most of the time, the classes start well after 10 AM, by when I would be the only available person who is jobless at home, having my shift starting from 11. It was very difficult to listen to rhymes and colored alphabets for over an hour, repeatedly for weeks. But slowly I began to enjoy it just for the company that comes with junior. He would find a million different things to do during class, just to avoid looking at the screen, but when it comes to his to turn to respond, somehow will manage to say something related or that which will save the day. Unlike his other teacher, the new one really likes his antics and he is one of her favorites. Best part is, junior knows that too. When on mood, he would join the class couple of minutes early and would be vambadichifying with the teacher. While the rest of kids answer what they did over weekend and with whom they played, junior would be posing those questions to the teachers. I don’t remember my KG days, at all, but still can vouch with certainty that I wouldn’t spoken any word at all, leave alone in school. Attending classes and going to school are supposed to build your social skills and confidence. But to me, you actually need them to even attend those classes. Many of the kids hardly open their mouth even online and some are openly shy. These sessions make me realize the “how things could’ve been” kind of episode that you get on sitcom’s where in the characters would swap their present role to something from their past. I am quite sure I would’ve been as bored or even more so, considering that it would’ve meant to sit on the same place for hours together during my time. But I feel this is another chance for me to see through the childhood that I messed/missed through the eyes and life of junior.

Comments

Ramesh said…
Is Gilsu also vambu adichifying with the teacher ?
gils said…
I always all teachers bayam

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Dasavatharam

Pirivom Santhippom