Unwritten responses to Unposted queries


From

The Contemplative one: 

I often wonder if at all there is a situation where in the future me ever visited the present me, how that would go. This blog space in fact was never in plan to go beyond a couple of years. As it enters the 18th year, some of the older posts make me wonder, if at any point that time, would I’ve been able to guess where I am and what I am today? As I look back, I still have the same hobbies, same favorites, my dislikes haven’t changed much - be it for food or for my taste in any other field. I still like to be pampered and being lazy. I am still clueless how to be the dad my kid deserves. And even after 2 decades in the same industry I’ve no clue where my career is heading as well. To repeat my favorite quote, I feel like that proverbial ant, that keeps coursing through its journey, in the river called life, clinging onto the solitary leaf, which fell from a far off tree. When I look at my friends, they all seem to have a purpose, thinking about future, planning for it and even realizing to certain extent what they are doing and where they want to be. Personally I tick none of those boxes and still feel like that teenager, who is actually middle aged, stepping out into the void called world, with no clue or expectations, taking things as it is. I’ve no complaints actually in being what I am and what I’ve been. But I always wonder, is this what I am meant to be. Either sounds too simple or too boring. 


By

The clear one:

Dear former version, you always will have the same questions, if you are not willing to accept any answer as right. The definition for what defines a person and their purpose is a life long journey and not a one mark question. As well as it may be nice to have such queries and not settling for simpler answers, the effort should be continuous in figuring out where this journey leads. The answer may well be in the experience. Your typical day has only 12 hours of active time, of which 8 to 9 hours is being spent for office. That is rather a small window left to explore other options. Keeping calm in every situation, biting your tongue to keep the words inside, controlling the emotions while responding to a tense situation are qualities that define a person. And it is a work in progress at best when there are so much of self-doubt clouding your mind. The only suggestion I can give is, keep thinking, but different things. Never dwell on one area or line of thought alone. You will never stop comparing yourself with others, but learn to appreciate the positives in you at times as well. Birds have legs and wings. It is the distance that determines which one they use to travel.

Comments

G3 said…
I can completely correlate with the first version :-) Hifi :-D

For the clear version : However planned you are for the future there are always obstacles and take diversions thrown at you. So why plan? Enjoy what comes your way and handle issues as and when it comes. Live the moment :-D
Ramesh said…
We like all these versions

- The Contemplative Gilsu
- The Clear Gilsu
- The Mokkai Gilsu
- The Kollywood Master Gilsu
- The Blog mannan Gilsu

- and every other version.

Be the Gilsu you are. All of manking has all these questions. You are absolutely fine as you are.

18 years and counting. Maharajathiraj, Raj Marthanda, Raja Gambhira, Raja Tilaka , etc etc Blog Mannan Gilsu varugiraaaaaaaaar.
gils said…
Hehehe.. Thanks ffor the kind words as always thala

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Pirivom Santhippom

Unnnai...Kan theduthay...HIC...