F.R.I.E.N.D.S - VII

For previous parts click here Part 6

“So what is it that you are going to gift Monica this time?” Ross asks Chandler
“Its something I’ve custom made for her..see” Chandler shows a card
“Seriously..a greeting card? That’s the best you can come up with?”
An exasperated Chandler points him to look at the card and  open it to see.
“Wow..a MENU card. How original Chandler. She is a chef so you get her a Menu card for birthday? Even Joey could think better than this” comments Rachel
“Whoa..whoa…whats with me and my thinking?” enters Joey
“Chandler has got a MENU card as gift for Monica’s birthday” quips Phoebe
“Dude..what’s wrong with you? What are the dishes you’ve mentioned in it? Is Meatball sub there in it?”
Chandler plucks the card from Ross and hastily goes to his room.

Monica enters the apartment, looking all dazed and tired.
“Whoa..what were you cooking at the restaurant today? Crystal meth? You look stoned” says Phoebe
“I wish..by the way..why you guys are always here..don’t you’ve your own apartments?”
The group laughs away that comment and indulges in conversations totally ignoring Monica.

“So..Ross how was your date with your hot neighbor?” queries Phoebe
“Hot neighbor? Why I was not told about her? Ross..what’s with the secrecy?” questions Joey with a hurt look.
“Exactly the reason Joey..as it is she turned down me asking her out twice prior to accepting. I didn’t want to involve competition as well” which leaves Joey beaming with a knowing smile and a nod.
“So that makes your neighbor more of a “nay” bour and the candor with which you won her over would make you a candidate for a candid date?” quips Monica.
A stunned looking rest of the group watches her in awe, which makes Monica become hyper conscious of what she said. “Oh my God. I am Chandler..I am Chandler” and she runs into her room.
“I warned her marrying him will leave side effects” says Rachel sagaciously.

“But Joey..how come you are here today. Didn’t you had an acting assignment for that ad?” asks Ross
“Yeah..but I quit”
“Whoa.why?what happened?” asks Rachel
“Well..there was this character that they wanted me to enact yesterday. Which I did PERFECTLY. And today, the director asked me to re-act that scene again. I told him clearly. If you want me to perform again you’ve to pay me again. Fair deal right? He shot me down”
“That’s bad. That’s why I hate employers” says Phoebe voicing her protest.
“Hold on..did he ask you to react?” queries Ross slowly.
“Exactly” and then looking at rest of the group watching him with eager sense of anticipation it suddenly dawns on him.
“Oh my god” he rushes out catching his jacket, to make a dash to the agency.

When they finally get time together, Chandler gives Monica the card.
“Happiversary dear”
“Wow..a menu card. How..hmm…nice”
“Open it”
It turns out to contain the list of all her favorite things, her favorite songs, the first time they met and list of things that they did together et al. The more she read it, Monica goes misty eyed.
“Whoa Chandler..this is the most beautiful and romantic thing you’ve ever done for me. Thank you”
“Its not just a menu card..its “Me n U” card. The priceless moments that we share together which you cook up for us. Thank you Monica”
Monica looks at him wide eyed which makes Chandler super conscious of what he did and he rushes out shouting “I am Monica..I am Monica”

At central Perk, Chandler, Joey and Ross discuss about what happened.
“When I finally gave her the card then only I realized how much I’ve been ..i’ve been..”
“acting like Monica” filled in Joey
“Yeah. If she’s a country I would be a Monican by now”
“Don’t worry. You’re not alone in this. Today morning she imitated you” and Ross goes on to explain the comment that Monica made.
A smirking Chandler is all smiles.
“That’s my girl. She’s Bing on target” looking at the reaction on their faces, Chandler retracts saying “there are gentle pun. But that was pungent”

Comments

Ramesh said…
You binge watch Friends. You are reading books. Presumably you go to work !! You blog. When do you change nappies ??

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Dasavatharam

Pirivom Santhippom