Teachers day post

Intha teachers day kaga ellarum maanju maanju post podrathalaam paatha namakku ipdilaam solra mathiri oru incidentum illaiye nu thonum. But then I realized, teacher need not necessarily be always from schools!! Ithaan un takka na..well !!
I’ve been such a filthily idiotic student who never even realized, was being taught by many teachers in my life and that it is an ongoing activity, as long as you are alive and doesn't stop with school!! I never realized my dad has taught me so many things, till I began blogging!! He always insists and repeats certain things and do certain things in a certain way that, without even realizing it has all been deeply ingrained in my psyche and soul that I’ve begun to think they are my own nature!! I don’t smoke or drink. Almost 80% of my friends do. The only reason why I could manage on my own, without even having any peer pressure, was because of my dad. Some of my friends who started as teetotalers and later became “social drinkers/smokers” succumbed to such vices. But no one would ever even offer me or consider approaching me to even try such things out. The fact that I blast them for screwing their health and my constant chatter around how I hate such things apart, if there is one thing that I am really proud about myself, it’s this fact that I survived and stayed away from these notoriously bad habits. All credit to my dad and him alone. The next person on this clichéd list would be my mom. If I were a plant, I would have been bamboo. Going by my mid school years, there would’ve been no sign of any growth or what literally was happening with this kid and yet she was the first person who not just believed in me but wanted me to be on par with the best. It was her initiative that enrolled me into CBSE. It was her who made me talk in English by forcefully changing my staple diet of tamil comics into Hardy boys of my cousin sister. It was her who made me to write in cursive writing in English. It was her who enrolled me into Computer class when I was hell bent on anything that was not maths. Every single step of my life has always had her imprint and without her I am a jadam (non-entity) literally and figuratively. Intha kanakkupadiye pona innum evlo per irukanga.  Even for this very own blogspace, from the time I started blogging and how my writing transformed after reading other blogs and the continuous support of thala Ramesh, who always posts his comments and views irrespective of how much mokkaier the posts can be, everyone has been a teacher in their own right.

I guess, no tree looks back at the gardener and says, had you watered me better and taken care of me, I would’ve grown even taller and bigger. As long as you stay rooted one should remember the mud that molded them, for, as tall as a palm tree may grow, had the ground been unforgiving, it would’ve never existed. Madha,Pitha,Guru, Deivam listing la it is all one and the same for me. Guess, it would apply for others as well.

Comments

Ramesh said…
Nice post. Indeed our parents are our best teachers. But a teacher can only do so much; its the pupil's character that ensures imbibing everything that is taught. You should congratulate yourself too for being so well "taught".

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Pirivom Santhippom

Unnnai...Kan theduthay...HIC...