Time-ly tales

Feels like we started with Jan 1st yesterday and already this year is one month old!! That is the speed with which earth rotates nowadays. With medical facilities improving life expectancy, I guess its earth’s way of compensating for it, by going quick round the sun, making you age faster. I tried to think of some worthwhile stuff which happened last year and literally couldn’t think of any. Everything seemed to have happened in a whizz, with the only consolation being those books that I got to read.

One of my friend is a maniac of clicking pictures, especially of himself!!! I don’t know how he manages to find someone to take his pictures, but wherever he is, he always makes sure there is some snap with him on it and that too with the focus primarily on him. I once saw a picture of him sitting on some stairs and asked him about the pic and he said it was taken at Lincoln memorial. Funnily the picture couldn’t “accommodate” Lincoln and it was just him posing on those stairs. I asked him, how different it would’ve been had he sat on the stairs of his own house and took the pic, for unless he explains the pic no one will know the difference. He simply said, he will know the difference. I was stunned for a minute. All the while, I had been under the impression that, you actually need to capture the place where you visited as primary and whether you are visible clearly or not never mattered. But this guy changed my entire thought process in a single response. Everyone clicks pictures of the Taj. If having a picture of that monument, clicked by you, gives a thrill, having yourself clicked on that place gives a different kind of thrill for others!! I am not sure if there is anything to judge here, but the concept of “point of view” literally and figuratively “shifted focus” for me after that interaction. In his defense, he has a really good memory and is able to recollect each of those snaps and to believe it or not is up to us.

While browsing through Radio stations on, yet another never ending, ride to work, stumbled on “Summer of 69” playing in one of them. Certain songs have very fond memories attached to it. This one is very special, for it was the very first English song I was introduced to, by my colleague, in my first company and first ever time I heard a song being played from a computer other than radio or recorder!!! I had the lyrics memorized and was so proud(sic) of myself for a long time J My friends who had more exposure towards English songs, used to call Bryan Adams the curse of Canada. Not sure if it was because of his raspy voice or whatever the reason. To me, Bryan Adams will always be the first English music artiste I heard and liked instantaneously.

Is it going to bother Bryan Adams that he has a fan who was initiated into western music world through him? Guess not. But it gives me super thrill whenever I hear his songs, especially “Summer of 69”. Probably my “photo manic” friend is right to certain degree that, as long as you are happy within your space, with the solace of your own memories, why bother? Let the world run as fast as it can. As long as you have memories to masticate, we can live with our own pace and in our own time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Pirivom Santhippom

Unnnai...Kan theduthay...HIC...