Dosaiyamma Dosai

Dosai...its easily the most recognisable South Indian dish abroad (enakku TN border thaandina ellamay abroad thaan....enna thaan sonnalum namma saravana bavanuku eedaaguma..NO WAY)..but wenever i think of Dosai...after ordering i cudnt help but recall these incidents ...

It was initial days for me in blore..din knew many eatouts..slowly was getting used to the laziness of d city...there was one Udipi hotel in our locality...the fud there wont be as gud as wt we get in chn..but compared to other places i visited at tht time... it tasted heavenly...once me n my room mates (aha...ithu oru nallla topic...en room mates pathi post enna websitea podalam..)n me went to udipi..before we ordered one guy put a condition sayin tt daily we r eating the same stuff..for a change lets order things which we havent tried till now....(anga perusa onnum varietylaam kidayathu.irunthalum...antha timela it sounded interesting...pity...coming event didnt cast its shadow before :( )...everyone ws supposed to order something different..wen it ws my turn..i ordered for one paper paneer ghee roasted masaal dosa (sathiyama ithaan per...local paper masaaloda pera maathi vachi enna emaathitaanga..ipo rename panni verum paper masaalnu vachitaan...)..everyones order came...except mine..i ws staring at all waiters carrying unrecognissable dishes n after a while gave up n started attacking the rest of the folks plates...suddenly one guy exclaimed..Woooww!!!! wats tht...its a bird..its a plane..its....Sssssoooooper dosai....it ws like the one gabtun vijayakanth gobbles in Koolikaaran movie....there was no space on our table to keep it...everyone in tht hall or watever were staring at our table...pointing n smiling...(atha saapdrathukulla maanamay poachu)...by the time my dish came all the other plates wer empty...it ws scary looking...pythonic in size...somehow with lot of combined effort we managed to finish lil bit of it n escaped frm there...( kondu vantha waiteroda reaction..hmm..kaila kodak camera illa)....

I rarely go there nowadays..but still...wenever our roomates meet tt monser dosa always finds a place in our discussion topics..

Comments

prithz said…
Hehe... good one gils!!!! had a good laf!!! :)

Usually when i used to be in chennai, i didnt prefer eating dosa, but ippo s'pore vandhakku apram, whenever i go out to any restaurant,i have only ghee dosa( sometimes,pav bhaji!! my fav!!)... i have it in komalas or in saravana bhavan... cha!!! nenaichale naaku uurudhu!!! ;p
gils said…
hey..wlcm prithz..SGP n still awake??!!!nite shifta illa exama?.komalas..wow..had dosa once wen i ws in noida for a month.pity got to knew of it on the last day..but oru mukku mukkitu thaan vanthen :)
gils said…
btw...ur song was 2 gud :)
Sat said…
ellarukum ippadi oru incident unda...
once indha evening snacksnu solvaangale...appadi unnu saapidalamnu went to the food court in my office...me and my friend...anga pona udane my apetite increased exponentially...i was literally gaping at eash and every plate. sarinu took some paper masala dosa per sairya gyabagam illa. went to the counter tht chap probably got a hang of how desparate i was to get my hands on that dosa...'it will take tme m'am'...'podaaaaa' appadinu manasukulla avana thittutu...bajji bondanu oru naal anju coupon vaangi dosai varathukulla athanayum gaali panniyachu...my poor friend said; don't worry; yaaravadhu ketta i wont tell u alone ate all this! :))
aparam with half my apetite gone, the dosa finally came into sight...aiyayo...avalo periya dosai!!!!!....en moonjiya paathutu that chap had a hard time wearing a straight face; en kooda vandha en friendu pisasu vizhunthu vizhunthu sirikka...avalo thaan konja nanja manamum govinda!
:(
Sat said…
whoa...evalo periya commentu!!!!..
BTW, changed the look of ur blog huh?...
SeePearrl said…
gud one!.

i love dosa's ..paper like one :D
gils said…
@sat:
enna kodumaithu...
//en kooda vandha en friendu pisasu vizhunthu vizhunthu sirikka//
hehee...i cudnt resist laafing on this..bt sontha kadha soga kadha..freeya viduvom

@white forest:
welgum

@random thots:
Yessire...me frm PS..r u??
prithz said…
Thnxa lot gils!!! Day shift dhan... i will sleep only around 2.30am and wake up at 7-8am for class... apdiye pazhagi poochu..nite bird i am ...

btw, me from psbb...not p.s. sr. :)
gils said…
psbb..hmm kknagar?? kedi schoolaachay athu... :) no offense meant.. btw..SGPla yaarumay thoonga maatengala...ennoda SDM ellam anga thaan irukaanga..thappi thavari night online vantena gaali...all time awake n working...maybe antha oor culturey apdi thaano?
gils said…
@random thot:
replace sire with mam :D..neenga entha year 10th passout
prithz said…
Hmm... seri seri.. its oki..but our culturals "reverbs" rocks the entire city u know.. this time, surya is comin over for inauguration it seems... Ahhhh!!!

Wats this SDM???

Btw, abt s'orean culture.. it is a night world here.. but still ppl manage to get up early.. very busy and buzzling world here.. in a way, its work work all the time..
gils said…
is it??enna cultural??NSUlaiya?? SURYA in SGP univ cultural!!! wow..koodavay mdam 'Jo'vum cominga???enaku oru free pass pls..apdiye ticket chargeum..hehe...
SDMna Service delivery manager..sadaa thollaikudkara managerunum sollalam.....
u r rt on target on tht nite work part..i duno how they manage to stretch the work whole nite n still have something pending to do in the morning!!!strange...india todayl gilsa thoonga vid matengaranga...address tharen..current cut pnni utrureengala pls
prithz said…
Kozhambitinga nu nanikaren... i was talkin abt my school culturals... PSBB oda culturals named "reverberations" rock snu sonnen... sterday was the innaugural functiona dn surya had come i guess...

And abt sleeping late.. its not that they have work pendin in the morn.. but they work too hard... padichadhaye, they will read again and again in the mornin... avalo sincere and dedicated.. got loads to learn from them... :)
gils said…
athenamo vaasthavamthaan...people there get too stressed out..i9thu generic statement illa..i work with lot of SGPians daily...ulagathaiye thalila sumakara mathiri stressful people..paavam..

as for ur culturals...yeah..suthama confused..neeenga entha year passout frm psbb? ivlo recent incidentlaam followup panreenga
Has to be me said…
Ahhaaa gils....yenaku ippovay super hot yummy masala dosai sapadanum polla irruku! Yeppo than antha chance kidaikumnu theyrilaye *Sigh*.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope 2 c u more often. :)
gils said…
u better dnt eat ur lunch n then go for dinner...but ippo price inc panni size kuraichitan
prithz said…
Adhu seri!!! :)

I passed out of psbb in March, 2005. Now am in my sophomore year in NUS. :)
gils said…
cool.. :) keep posting
gils said…
wow...guess there are many such stories behind tt dosai :)
KK said…
Saapadu pathi oru post...How could I miss this post...I wonder why my blog roll did not show ur blog as updated...
neways...better late than never...I think I had a similar experience in Annapoorna, Coimbatore I guess (dont remember properly). Actually when I ordered itself the bearer asked me twice...I should have got the clue...But I realised only when my dosa came...I had to literally push my friends to a diff table so that I can kattu kattify the dosa...I was able to finish the full dosa on my own...I was so happy...yenna oru achievement :)

Sat, entha cafeteria'nga athu??
gils said…
wow...kk....enaku ipo irukara pasiku antha mathiri 4 dosa sapduven..
Known Stranger said…
orru photo pudichirukkallam
gils said…
u knw wat..eggjactly my thot..plng to make my posts more picturesque
Known Stranger said…
appadi poddu arruvalla

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Dasavatharam

Pirivom Santhippom