Sapiens - book review

Not many books make you go Wow for every single page you read. Ever since I started “Sapiens” it has been a series of wonderment that are never ending!!! How can a book  be so organized and so matter of fact, for a topic that is all encompassing the human kind!! Wonder how many years the author took to write this book and the editor deserves a Pulitzer. I am halfway through and I literally have to force myself to logoff from the book, at the risk of missing my stopping. If anyone has a mind and wants it to get blown, this would be the book. Period. Personally, I don’t read too many books and from what I’ve read this is by far the best of the lot. Whenever I read any chapter the next minute I want to write a post about it. Every single chapter is having so much content and so much of information to analyse and discuss that, this book deserves a blogspot of its own!! I could relate to so many analogies, thought processes, facts and information mentioned on the book and the inferences derived that at times it feels as if the book is talking to me!! For all the controversial topics that have been handled so far, nowhere else have I read an more believable and factual representation. Be it on caste, religion, politics, evolution of social behavior, every topic is so reasonably argued that, this book is whole lot damn convincing than some of the best speakers I have listened to. The way it connects with present day happenings, be it personal, professional or political, it is so very realistic and relatable. I guess the last time I was gushing over a book like this was “A man called Ove” and the ending messed it up for me. Hope this one lives up to the expectation it has been continuously raising.

Comments

Unknown said…
Excellent. Now write a post on each chapter. We have been rather missing Gilsu's posts.
gils said…
Kandipaga. But book is so the very interesting

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Pirivom Santhippom

Unnnai...Kan theduthay...HIC...